Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mommy, Do you like flours?


So Monday morning is always my cleaning day, but when it comes I sometimes need a bit of coaxing. I told myself it would be easier to clean after the babies go to sleep so what's the harm of turning on a movie, dozing for a little while and then clean for the rest of the day. I FOUND OUT THE HARM!!!! I knew for a while they were watching the movie because they'd hit me or sit on my head from time to time, then all of a sudden it stopped. Ah peace, a few minutes sleep won't hurt! After ten minutes I wake up with a start. I haven't been beaten by my kids for a while, what's going on?! They are not in the room with me, so I hop up quickly and try to navigate myself through the delirium. I find Baby Jane in the kitchen on the table tearing all the berries off my holiday centerpiece, but still no Clark. And then I see it... A trail of flour toward the pantry. There he is in all his glory (I mean Naked) basking in a 50 lb. bag of spilled flour. I mean he's swimming around in it, nothing could be more beautiful for this little three year old. I restrained the fury because of the hilarity and quickly grabbed the camera. Once the pictures were snapped I accepted that it was time to get on task, and I was rewarded for my laziness with an extra two hours of cleaning to make up for the ten luxurious minutes my son bathed in flour.

5 comments:

Hizzeather said...

Oh wow...kids do the darnedest things! :)

Hannah Hubbard said...

I love it! He is so cute! Maybe an extra two hours of cleaning, but a hilarious story for the rest of his life. His wife will appreciate it. Love you.

Shauna said...

OH. MY. GOSH.
hahahaha!!!!! That is just too much!

Lenora said...

That Clark. He is something else. We enjoyed every minute with him when we babysat, but boy am I glad he spared me the "fun." Love, Mom

The Super Seven said...

I know Cameron from back in his mission days when hs served in my home ward. This is totally something that my youngest 2 would do.......it happens all too often sometimes. You can check out my blog at jknelson.blogspot.com