Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I had a really good night with my kids! Cameron has been working a second job on occasion and therefore leaves me alone with the kids some nights. It can be quite a job to go it alone some nights, but I wanted to not make this night a nightmare. So, while we enjoyed a gourmet dinner of chicken nuggets I asked the kids what they would like to do tonight. So cute... they each raised their hands declaring their ideas. Cookies, scavenger hunt, hide-and-go seek, and uhh Jane just spoke a string of jibberish. So I said, "Alright! Let's do it all!" (Except for Jane's idea, hopefully we managed okay.) We made chocolate chip cookies, then I hid them along with scavenger hunt clues all around the house. Main rule... MUST WORK AS A TEAM! Everyone has to help find and read the clues. It worked pretty well, and they found our delicious cookies! Then we spent another 30 minutes playing hide-and-go seek. Jane is really catching on how to play! So much fun. We finished the night with toothpaste, scriptures, and the kids reading books to each other. This was a good night! Figure I better write it down before I forget amidst the pandemonium that will inevitably appear again. Tonight... I was a good mom!

3 comments:

Skylar and Lauren said...

I LOVE it! Great job mom! I know how much fun these memories are but I also understand that making cookies means a pile of dishes that went undone so u could do that scavenger hunt. Way to make the right sacrifices even though it probably meant salvaging the house once the kids were in bed! =)

Kellie said...

Love it! What a fun night! That's my favorite reason to blog... enjoying the mundane before I get lost in all the work!!!

Brown Family said...

Actually Lauren when your kids get to a certain age, they do the dishes. Of course you spend as much time nagging, but still worth it!